LuigiBormioli.com is a subsidiary ofImage of LuigiBormioli

1300-1800

The family has been dedicated to the art of glass-making for some twenty-five generations.

When, in the 16th century, it emigrated from Northern France and settled in Altare, near Genoa, the family changed its surname Borniolle, into Bormioli.

1825

When the University of Glass of Altare was abolished, Luigi Bormioli moved from Liguria and carried on his business in Fidenza.

1854

Luigi's children bought a glass factory in Parma for the equivalent of 60,000 euros.

1903

The glass factory was moved to the San Leonardo district: at that time, it employed one hundred workers and produced articles for perfumeries, pharmacies and household glassware.

1929

The first semi-automatic machine was purchased.

1946

Luigi Bormioli, orphaned at a young age and forced to leave his forefathers' enterprise, founded a new glass factory that bore his name.

Product and process quality were priority issues right from the start.

1952

Bormioli Luigi became specialized in the production of containers for cosmetics and perfumery designed for the domestic market.

1955

The first automatic machines were purchased.

1961

High-level chemical research became a strategic policy.

A leading-edge laboratory was inaugurated and a pioneering range of feeder colour glassware (Vetrorama) was created.

1967

Volumes increased to a considerable extent thanks to the economic boom. This led to new challenges, such as how to boost the production capacity and add to the technological know-how with original process solutions.

1973

Light&Music blown glass tableware became an alternative business sector (Italy's first crystal glass and the first lead-free glass in the world), alongside the traditional production range.

The elegantly shaped stemware and tumblers, produced industrially and thus more economical than those already available, created a new market sector: the products enjoyed an immediate and surprisingly success.

1986

The French and American branches were established in 1986.

Exports to the French perfumery market began.

1994

Alberto Bormioli became chairman of the Company.

The arrival of a new generation marked a phase of corporate culture renewal and business development: in the interests of on-going innovation and true to the corporate identity.

2006

The Luigi Bormioli laboratory creates SON.hyx®, a new, superior crystal glass of ultra-high quality as to transparency and brilliance, mechanical strength and the ability to withstand industrial washing cycles.

"Titanium Reinforced®", the original anti-abrasion treatment employing nanotechnology to strengthen the stems of wineglasses, it also patented.

2006

A facility specialized in finishing processes is acquired in Couloummiers, France.

2007

Investment in a glass factory in Abbiategrasso increased the production capacity by about 30%.

2010

In-house studies and research lead to the creation of Linkx®, a new industrial design and packaging concept: it's a composite material formed by a glass bottle overmoulded in resin.

In terms of aesthetics, the possibilities offered are revolutionary, all to the benefit of the client's design preferences.

2013

After Glass, a division specialized in pioneering glass finishing processes, is inaugurated in the Parma facility.

2013

An internal lacquering process called Inside is patented. Unlike the traditional method, this process enhances the lensing effect created by the thickness of the glass, thereby obtaining a "double" or "3D" effect.

Pin It on Pinterest