Hot, sticky summer days call for chilled, refreshing summer cocktails! We’ve got two to share with you that you are just going to love. Just one sip and you’ll be thinking, “Ahhhhh, summertime and the living is easy!”
Watermelon Gin Fizz Cocktail Recipe
- 5 cups diced watermelon, divided
- 6 ounces gin, divided
- 8 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1-1/3 cups ginger ale, divided
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Freeze a cup of the watermelon. This is going to serve somewhat as your garnish and ice cubes all in one. Puree the rest of the watermelon. Strain the pureed watermelon. Divide the juice among 4 Luigi Bormioli Strauss On The Rocks DOF glasses.
- To each glass, pour in 1 1/2 ounces gin, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1/3 cup ginger ale. Garnish each drink with some of the frozen watermelon and lime wedges. For a mocktail version, just leave out the gin. Delicious!
Orange Ginger Margarita
- 1 can frozen orange juice concentrate (reserve 1 tablespoon)
- 10 oz. tequila
- 6 oz. ginger liqueur (like Domaine de Canton)
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 4 c. ice
- 2 tbsp. kosher or margarita salt
- Crystallized ginger, optional
- Blend the frozen orange juice concentrate (less the reserved amount), tequila, ginger liqueur, ginger, and ice in your blender until the ice is completely crushed.
- Put the reserved orange juice concentrate on one plate and the salt on another.Dip the rims of 4 Luigi Bormioli Palace Water glasses first into the concentrate and then in the salt. Fill the glasses with the margarita mixture. You can garnish the glasses with crystallized ginger if you want Cheers!