Make your Halloween party spooktacular with these recipes, but don’t stop there: serve them up in chic style in our “boo”-tiful Michelangelo serveware and beverage glasses.
Party tip: Before your guests arrive, scatter tempting finger foods around the party in our Luigi Bormioli Michelangelo 3-Section Server. We like to mix candy corn and sweet berries—real or candied—but any nibble will do.
Graveyard Taco Dip
Dig deep into this layer-o-licious dip sure to please your party guests—human and undead—when presented in our Luigi Bormioli Michelangelo Deep Serving Tray.
- 1 can refried beans or refried black beans
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 bunch scallions (green onions), chopped
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream and taco seasoning.
- In another small bowl, mix the mashed avocados, minced garlic and mayonnaise.
- Layer the beans, sour cream mixture, avocado mixture and salsa in the serving tray.
- Sprinkle the scallions on top.
- Chill at least an hour or until ready to serve. (The dip can be made a day ahead and kept, covered, in the refrigerator.)
- To make the tombstones and tree, cut the shapes you want out of 2 large tortillas. Place the cut-out shapes on a parchment paper-lined cookie tray and bake at 350 until the tortillas are nice and brown. You can add text to the tombstones with a black food-safe marker.
- Put the tombstones and tree in the dip just before serving.
Recipe found on Chickabug.
Easy, No-Bake Spooky Boo Brownies
It’s all treats, no tricks, when you dress up your favorite brownies with this gooey goodness and present them on our Luigi Bormioli Michelangelo 3-Tier Serving Tray.
- One tray store-bought bite-sized brownies
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- Black food coloring
- Parchment paper
- Arrange store-bought brownies on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, leaving approximately one inch space around each brownie.
- Heat frosting in microwavable bowl uncovered on high 30 seconds, stirring every 10 seconds, until frosting can be stirred smooth and fluid. If frosting becomes too firm while decorating, microwave 5 seconds and stir.
- Top each brownie with 1 large marshmallow. Spoon 1 tablespoon frosting over each marshmallow to coat. Let stand until frosting is set, about 30 minutes.
- Mix black food coloring into leftover frosting and spoon into a small plastic bag. Cut a tiny hole in the corner of the bag and squeeze onto the “ghosts” to make eyes and mouths.
Adapted from Betty Crocker.
Frankenstein Rice Cereal Treats
You’ll scare up compliments from ghouls and goblins with this crispy delight. Our Luigi Bormioli Michelangelo 3-Tier Serving Tray will turn heads, too.
- Rice cereal treats
- Green food dye
- 1 can white frosting
- Black food dye
- Plastic sandwich bag
- Make your favorite rice cereal treat recipe and dye the melted marshmallow mixture green before adding the cereal. (Hint: sometimes the green looks a lot lighter when mixed with the rice cereal, so use lots of food coloring.)
- Cut the green rice cereal treats into rectangles. Use black frosting (add black food coloring to white frosting), spooned into a plastic sandwich bag with a hole cut in the corner, to squeeze hair at the top of Frankenstein’s head.
- Use white frosting for the whites of the eyes, and add pupils and a mouth with black frosting.
- Use white frosting to make a dollop on each side for the bolts.
Adapted from recipe found on Everyday Art.
Jack-O’-Lantern Orange Fruit Cups
We love pumpkins, but we’re head over heels for this fresh and fruity alternative to Halloween’s favorite gourd. Show them off with panache on our Luigi Bormioli Michelangelo 3-Tier Serving Tray.
- 3 medium navel oranges
- 1 cup mixed fruit
- Slice the tops off of the oranges.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the pulp.
- Cut out faces on each orange to resemble a jack-o’-lantern.
- Fill each orange with mixed fruit and serve.
Recipe found on Simplee Thrifty.
Fruity Pumpkin Face
Even the scariest creature of the night will be all smiles over this healthy treat. It’s looking good on our Luigi Bormioli Michelangelo Platter with Removable Handle.
- 2 jars of Mandarin oranges
- Red grapes
- Drain jars of mandarin organs and arrange on serving plate.
- Arrange blackberries into eyes and nose.
- Arrange grapes into mouth.
- Keep chilled until served.
Candy Corn Drink
Trick or treaters will name your house tops when you serve up this confection-in-a-glass in our Luigi Bormioli Michelangelo Pitcher.
- 2 cups mango nectar (check the Mexican food and juice aisles)
- 1 box lemon-flavor gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 1/2 cups cold orange soda
- 1 tub whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Bring water to a boil, then add gelatin to boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in mango nectar.
- Pour mixture into a clear 2-quart pitcher.
- Cover and put in the refrigerator for 3 hours (may take a little longer—you want it thick but not set).
- Gently pour in the orange soda. Tip: Put a wooden spoon right over top the gelatin mix and slowly pour the orange soda with your cup touching the spoon so it runs over top and down the spoon.
- Use a spoon to softly put the whipped topping over the soda (it doesn’t sink like you’d think).
- Stir before drinking – Enjoy!
Adapted from recipe found on Raining Hot Coupons.
Bewitching Perfectly Poisonous Parfaits
A busy Hallow’s Eve calls for a menacingly good finish. Spoonfuls of this parfait from our Luigi Bormioli Michelangelo 14.5 oz. Beverage Glasses will do the trick!
- Vanilla pudding
- Orange nonpareils
- Crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
- Drop a few spoonfuls of pudding into the glass.
- Add a layer of orange nonpareils.
- Add more pudding.
- Add crushed chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Repeat until your glass is full.
Adapted from a recipe found on Frog Prince Paperie.
At Luigi Bormioli, we take pride in our Italian-crafted, superior quality glassware. Your glasses, created using our proprietary SON.hyx ultra-clear formula, will retain their brilliant and transparent appearance and are backed by our 25-year guarantee that guards against chipping on the rim or foot, as well as discoloration or cloudiness resulting from washing. You will enjoy their beauty, durability and strength for many years to come. We aim to enhance your tabletop lifestyle and entertaining experience with a glass for every occasion. When the moment matters, the glass matters.