Baby, it may be cold outside. But, that’s nothing a great drink can’t fix. We’ve rounded up our favorite cold-weather cocktails splashed with the best brown spirits (whiskey, bourbon, rum and tequila, of course). We promise you that these will keep you warm well through these chilly temps.
Keep an eye on our blog for entertaining ideas for every season and, of course, the perfect Luigi Bormioli vessel for impressing your guests—and your taste buds. Our beautiful barware is a worthwhile and affordable investment all year round. Cheers!
Yes, this is served in a chilled glass. But trust us—it will warm you to the very soul. Try this martini glass with panache for the perfect presentation.
- 1 ounce rye whisky
- 1 ounce absinthe (you can substitute bourbon if you please)
- 1 ounce Italian vermouth
- 1 dash bitters
- Stir rye, absinthe and other ingredients with cracked ice, then strain into a chilled cocktail or martini glass.
Recipe courtesy of Esquire.
Hot Spiced Buttered Rum
Sip on this for sugar and spice and everything nice. Keep your adult beverage warm in our Thermic mug.
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon finely minced lemon rind
- 3 pinches of cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 jigger golden rum
- Boiling water
- 1 generous teaspoon unsalted butter
- Put the light brown sugar, lemon rind, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in a glass mug rinsed with boiling water.
- Pour in the rum.
- Fill the mug the rest of the way with boiling water.
- Drop in the butter.
Recipe courtesy of Epicurious.
This ain’t your nana’s afternoon tea, but you will definitely want to sip one. Or two. Serve this up in this classy cup and saucer that would even make nana proud.
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 hibiscus tea bag
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 ounces boiling water
- Agave nectar
- Put the hibiscus tea bag in the mug; fill with boiling water.
- Steep to your preference.
- Add the tequila, cinnamon, basil and a touch of agave nectar.
- Stir with the cinnamon stick (and leave in for presentation).
Recipe courtesy of Cosmopolitan and Campari America.
Feeling under the weather? We prescribe one of these. Cradle a stemless wine glass in your warming hands while you enjoy this Southern comfort.
- 2 ounces 103 proof bourbon
- ⅓ ounce honey syrup (mix equal parts honey and hot water)
- ⅓ ounce ginger syrup
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- 5 ounces hot water (not boiling)
- Lavender sprig
- Lemon peel
- Combine all ingredients in a wine glass and stir. Garnish with a lavender sprig and lemon peel.
Recipe courtesy of Wine Enthusiast magazine.
Have you got a favorite Winter Warmer? Leave us a comment and let us know!
At Luigi Bormioli, we take pride in our Italian-crafted, superior quality glassware. Your glasses, created using our proprietary SON.hyx ultra-clear formula, will retain their brilliant and transparent appearance and are backed by our 25-year guarantee that guards against chipping on the rim or foot, as well as discoloration or cloudiness resulting from washing. You will enjoy their beauty, durability and strength for many years to come. We aim to enhance your tabletop lifestyle and entertaining experience with a glass for every occasion. When the moment matters, the glass matters.